How to Apply
The Office of Graduate Studies is currently accepting applications for the Fall 2017 cohorts. Because of the popularity of the program a non-refundable security deposit will be required to secure your space once you have been accepted.
Completing An Application
Since class size is limited, prompt applications are highly encouraged. Once the program is fully enrolled qualified non-admitted applicants will be informed and placed on a waiting list for the next cohort section. Only completed application packets will be reviewed for admission.
The following are required for a complete application:
- The application for the MS-TEM Admission. Please complete all sections of the application and submit it through the link listed on the Applications & Forms page. Give your full legal name and avoid abbreviations.
- The $55 non-refundable application fee. Visa, Master Card and American Express credit cards may be used for payment. Checks are also accepted. Please make checks payable to California State University, Maritime Academy and print your name and "Graduate Program Application Fee" on the bottom.
- One copy of your official transcripts. Please request that a copy of official transcripts be sent to the address below from all colleges and universities you have attended other than California State University, Maritime Academy. These can usually be requested online at the college's website. (There may be a fee charged for transcript requests).
- Evidence of readiness for Graduate Studies. Submit one of the following:
- If you have fewer than five years of professional experience beyond the bachelors degree: Official test results on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). These tests are administered at test centers throughout the world. Be sure to have your official results sent to the institutional address listing for Cal Maritime or CSU, Maritime.
- If you have five or more years of professional experience beyond the bachelors degree: Two letters of recommendation from supervisors and business associates who can discuss knowledgeably your leadership, management, and academic abilities.
Your completed application, the non-refundable $55 application fee and all supporting documents must be submitted online or mailed to the address below.
The Office of Graduate Studies
The California State University, Maritime
200 Maritime Academy Drive
Vallejo, CA 94590
International applicants: All international applicants who have not completed three years of full-time study at the secondary or post-secondary level where English was the language of instruction must score adequately on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Note: If submitting transcripts from institutions outside the United States, it may be necessary to have your credentials evaluated by World Education Services www.wes.org. If that is the case the applicant must arrange for and cover the cost of that service.