- Because of limited resources, groups are limited to high schools (grades 9-12) and community colleges. Middle schools AVID programs are also welcome.
- Request a student-led campus tour (and brief campus information session) by using the form below.
- Campus tours and information sessions are available Tuesday through Thursday (on days that are not state holidays) at 10:30a.m. at the Office of Admission. Please note that group tours are not available on Monday or Friday.
- We can only accomodate one group per day
- The best dates to visit Cal Maritime are from September 10th to April 20th except for the dates listed in the right-hand column.
- Check the academic calendar for holidays and breaks in the academic year.
- While tours are conducted during the four months from May through August, there are few, if any, cadets on campus, and the Training Ship GOLDEN BEAR is at sea and unavailable for tours.
- Directions to the Admission Office: Visitors should turn right on Faculty Drive immediately after entering the campus gate. Go up the hill and the Admission Office will be the first building (house) on the right.
Visitors who wish to tour our training ship must comply with the ship regulations and safety safety policies below. Because of steep stairs, high doorsills, and industrial settings, those with unauthorized footwear or with limited mobility must wait on the dock for the ship portion of the campus tour. Those younger than 6 years old must also wait on the dock with an adult during the ship portion of the tour.
NOTE: The following ship regulations and safety policies for all ship visitors:
- All ship visitors must bring some form of picture I.D.
- The following types of shoes are not allowed on the ship: open-toed sandals or high heels. Shoes with rubber soles are recommended.
- Because of steep stairways and high door sills, visitors with limited mobility cannot be accommodated on the ship.
- Infants and children younger than 6 are not allowed onboard. Children from 6 to 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Schedule an Admission Visit
If you do not see the reservation form below, please click on this alternate link to a partner website that we also use. You can then fill out the form - and press the submit button.