Disabled Parking Spaces:
Spaces reserved for vehicles displaying a valid DMV disabled placard/license plate may be found in parking lots A, C, D, F, G, H, I and J. Vehicles parking in disabled spaces must additionally display a valid Cal Maritime parking permit.
Temporary Disabled Parking Permits:
A temporary disabled parking permit may be granted to a disabled student for special parking privileges by Police Services. These permits are to fill a temporary gap until the injured student can acquire a State handicap permit. The following rules apply:
• Student must provide an original note from the primary treating physician requesting parking accommodations
• Student must have a valid Cal Maritime permit; both the Cal Maritime permit and temporary disabled permit must be displayed
• The temporary permit is valid for up to 3 weeks; temporary permits are NOT valid in disabled spaces
• Student will be assigned to the closest parking lot(s) for classes and housing
• Any special circumstances will need the review and consideration by the Safety Chief of Police
• Injured person must present the permit copy to Police Services staff upon request.