PEER Health Educator
Peer Health Educators (PHEs) are a diverse group of Cal Maritime students trained to educate their classmates about college lifestyle and wellness issues in a positive, interactive, fun, and non-judgmental manner.
Comprehensive training prepares PHEs to facilitate dynamic outreach programs; encourage physical, mental, and spiritual health; create informative awareness events; and promote community support to create a healthy campus culture. PHEs are dedicated to providing education and community support with sensitivity to race, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion, and individual capabilities.
• Gain extensive knowledge about health promotion theory and practice, men's and women's health, mental health, stress management, depression, healthy relationships, sexual health, alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, and nutrition.
• Become part of a highly skilled, diverse team of students committed to providing accurate, nonjudgmental college-health information to the Cal Maritime campus community
• Develop teaching, communication, presentation, and group facilitation skills
• Become a recognized member of the Student Health Services volunteer staff
• Have an opportunity to contribute significantly to the growth of the Peer Health Education program
Any Questions or need more info please contact:
Sharon McComb, M.S., Health Educator
Peer Health Education Program, Student Health Services