Osher Foundation Scholarship
A generous scholarship endowment has been given to Cal Maritime by the Bernard Osher Foundation to assist upper-division transfer students from California community colleges with the tuition cost of attending Cal Maritime. One or more new scholarships may be awarded per year. Qualifying students may retain their scholarships for up to eight semesters. Scholarship amounts can be up to $5,000 per year.
Note - No new scholarships are available for new transfer students entering in the Fall of 2015. There are, however, likely to be new scholarships available for new transfer students entering in the Fall of 2016 and beyond.
To be eligible for scholarship consideration, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an applicant to the Cal Maritime
- Submit the online admission application to Cal Maritime by November 30th of the year preceding the year you enter.
- Be a student transferring in at least 60 transferrable semester units (or equivalent) completed by the spring semester before enrollinBe a student whose last college was a California Community College
To be selected to receive the scholarship, scholarship applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Be selected by the Osher Scholarship Selection Committee
- Be admitted to the Cal Maritime
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at the California Maritime Academy
- Maintain at least a 2.25 in the first year at Cal Maritime and at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA in all remaining years at Cal Maritime
- Not be enrolled beyond the student's eighth semester at Cal Maritime
- Apply for the scholarship through the financial aid online software by November 30.
To receive the scholarship, a scholarship winner must
Scholarship awardees will be notified by April 1. In the event the scholarship winner chooses not to attend Cal Maritime, a new awardee will be selected from the remaining finalists and notified as soon as possible.
If you do not see the Osher Scholarship online application below, ,please click on this alternate link to a partner website that we also use. You can then fill out the application - and press the submit button.