Welcome to the website for the Cal Maritime Budget Office. As a part of the State of California and the California State University (CSU) system, we all have fiduciary responsibility to proper stewardship of the funds provided to us to meet our primary mission of education and training. One key to that effort is proper budgeting.
Steve Mastro, MPA, CRA, CPM
Associate Vice President for Fiscal Services/Budget Officer
Cal Maritime will become a model campus for effective utilization of fiscal resources.
Our mission is to help all levels of CMA management make informed budget decisions using modern business practices and tools, and reliable and timely information. We assist campus administrators and managers in the development of budgets -- both large and small -- for the institution and for departments and programs. We also provide tools and support to help monitor budgets throughout their cycle and make adjustments, as needed, to adapt to change.
A list of key services is provided below. We’ve also provided you with links to a wide array of budget-related background information, guidelines, instructions, forms and policies to assist you in the budgeting process and make sure you are following proper state and institutional guidelines and procedures.
We are committed to outstanding customer service. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of further assistance at any time, or with suggestions for further enhancements to this site.
- Budget Development Assistance
- Departmental, Divisional, & Institutional Reporting
- Labor Cost-Distribution Reporting
- Post-Award Management of Sponsored Projects Contracts
- Cost Allocation Plan Development & Management
- Bond and Special Project Budget Development and Monitoring
- Campus Reserve and Equipment Pool Management
- Compensation Pool Allocation Management
- Budget Development for Centralized Services (Utilities, Risk Pool, Telephone....) and Monitoring Status
- Budget Projections for Senior Officers and Budget Advisory Committee