Interested in becoming a Resident Assistant?
Thank you to all applicants that applied for the Resident Assistant position for the 2013-2014 academic year! We are no longer accepting applications for this position. If you have not done so, schedule your interview time using the directions you received via e-mail. For further information on the interview process please read below. Best of luck!
Upon turning in your completed application packet you will need to sign up for an individual interview time. Individual interviews will be approximately 30 minutes and will be with a Housing & Residential professional staff member and current Resident Assistants. The individual interviews will take place between February 25 and March 1, 2013.
As you will be a part of a key leadership team there is also a required group interview. The group interview is a half day interview process where you will be observed by professional staff and Resident Assistants working with your fellow applicants. Group process will be on March 10, 2013 from 9:00am until 12:00pm. This is a mandatory interview.
Attire for all interviews is business casual.
If you have questions or concerns about the process or are away from campus during the Spring 2013 semester for academic reasons (including study abroad, internships, etc) please contact Stephanie Alvarez at email@example.com.
Although our current application process is closed below you will find the requirements and expectations of all students wishing to apply for an Resident Assistant position during any application period.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have lived on campus for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Must have completed at least 30 academic units by the date the appointment begins.
- Must have a cumulative and semester GPA of 2.5 at the start of the Fall 2013 semester.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Must be in good financial standing with The California Maritime Academy.
- May not have at the time appointment begins or accumulate more than 25 demerits throughout the period of appointment
- Be available for mandatory staff meetings every Monday 9:00-10:00pm
A completed packet includes:
- Completed Application: Currently Unavailable
- Professional Resume
- Three (3) completed reference forms