Students Seeking a Second Bachelor Degree
What is the next available entry term? *
Fall 2014 for Business Administration - International Business and Logistics
Fall 2014 for Global Studies and Maritime Affairs
Fall 2015 for all other majors
When can I apply for Fall 2014 or 2015?
Fall 2014 - Apply as soon as possible for the two majors listed above. Applications will be closed without warning as soon as available spaces have been filled.
Fall 2015 - The application period runs from October 1, 2014 through November 20, 2014.
How can I apply?
Apply online at www.csumentor.edu. There is a $55.00 application fee required when you submit the online application.
- Cal Maritime accepts academically qualified students seeking a second Bachelors Degree
- 39% of the 2012 entering class are transfer students.
- 7% of the entering transfer students already have a bachelor's degree.
- Several majors require a four-year commitment of study even if you have completed a Bachelor’s Degree and/or have many transfer units. This is due to the specialized nature of coursework at Cal Maritime.
Define “Second Degree Student.”
An applicant who has already completed at least one bachelor's degree.
What items are required for your office to make an admission decision?
A completed online application, the $55.00 application fee, and all official college transcripts.
2nd Bachelor's Degree Admission Requirements
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association
- Are in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Earned a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted or earned an overall 2.50 GPA in all college units attempted. The Minimum GPA requirement for fall 2012 in our recently “impacted” Marine Transportation applicants will be adjusted higher based on the quantity and academic quality of the other second degree applicants
* The California Maritime Academy does not have enrollment capacity to admit new students in the spring 2014 term. The next admission cycle begins October 1, 2013 for consideration for fall 2014.