Cal Maritime Day
An event for Admitted Students and Families
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Registration 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Program from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
You're Invited to "Cal Maritime Day," Our Open House
Exclusively for Accepted Students and Their Families
Click here to view the tentative event schedule
Cal Maritime Day is designed for you to look over the Academy from stem to stern.
- Tour the residence halls, the simulators, the Training Ship GOLDEN BEAR, the classrooms, and the labs
- Learn about your major from professors, current students, and recent alumni
- See the surprising variety of clubs and organizations to round out your education
- A continental breakfast and lunch is available.
While the event is not mandatory in any way, it's designed for both those who are still deciding where to attend next fall AND those who have already chosen Cal Maritime. We hope to see you there!
Although traditional open houses are unstructured, Cal Maritime Day has set times for most activities. If you choose to arrive late or leave early, certain information or activities may be unavailable. You can find the day's (tentative) full schedule by clicking here.
The Admission Office staff will be prepared (and happy) to receive any enrollment documents and deposits for those who wish to deliver them at this event. Please note that only bank checks can be accepted on Saturday. For those who have already sent us the enrollment deposit – Thank you!
There will be a light continental breakfast (with coffee and tea) provided. A buffet lunch beginning at 12:30 pm will be available for $9.00 per person.
- Campus tours will include going aboard the Training Ship GOLDEN BEAR which is exempt from ADA compliance regulations.
- Those with mobility limitations must remain on the dock due to steep stairways and high doorsills throughout the ship.
- Federal safety regulations state that Infants and toddlers are not allowed onboard and children from 6-12 must be accompanied by adults at all times.
- For safety, shoes worn aboard must be close toed and low heeled. No “flip-flops,”or other types of open-toed shoes are allowed to be worn on the ship
8:00 - 9:00 am
Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 - 9:30 am
~ Corps of Cadets / Students Welcome
~ Administration Welcome
|~ Alumni / Parents Welcome|
|~ Next Steps in the Selection Process|
9:30 - 12:30pm
Major Presentations and Campus Tours
~Global Studies and Maritime Affairs:
~ International Business & Logistics:
~Facility Engineering Technology:
~Marine Engineering Technology:
Campus Tour followed by Major Presentation
12:30 - 2:00pm
Lunch ~ Residence Hall Viewing ~ Clubs in the Quad
**During this time period please feel free to:
~ Enjoy lunch with your family in our Dining Hall (price per person TBA)
~ Visit a room in the Upper Residence Hall - meet at Housing table in Quad
~ Visit the clubs & organizations in the Quad until 1:30
~ Meet with Admission representatives to turn in your deposit or any acceptance paperwork
~ Visit with Financial Aid Office staff for drop-in advising in Lab Building Room 102 (Open 10:00am-1:30pm)
~ Pay a visit to the Bookstore. Open 10:00am-3:00pm (A great chance to purchase Cal Maritime gear!)
2:00 - 2:30pm
2:30 - 3:00pm
Session 1 - Breakout Sessions (repeated Session 2
Session 2- Breakout Session (repeat of Session 1)
** We recommend that students and parents split up to attend more than one session
~ Financial Aid / Paying for College
~ Opportunities for Women at Cal Maritime and in the Maritime World
~ Housing / Campus Life
~ Student Leadership Development
~ Careers after Cal Maritime / Career Center services
12:30 - 3:00pm
Admission Office staff will be in Rizza Auditorium for Q & A's