Lost & Found
The Police Department maintains a lost and found repository. All community members may turn in found property to the department at anytime. You may hand carry found property and surrender it to police personnel or call dispatch to arrange the property transfer. The officer will assign the lost property a claim tag number. Police personnel will periodically announce property retained in its repository to be claimed by owners. Lost and found property is held for 180 days and then disposed of per CSU directives.
To report a lost item, contact the department and be prepared to provide the following information:
1. Brand name and/or description of the item
2. Model number
3. Serial numbers and any special identifying marks you may have added to the property prior to you losing it
4. Time and location where you had the item last
Lost property may be claimed at the Public Counter during office hours. To claim property, you must be able to establish ownership. You may do this by providing:
1. Detailed description of the lost property (nomenclature, etc.);
2. A receipt or bill of sale
3. The serial and model number
4. Describing special identifying markings you may have added to the item.