Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is located in Student Health Services and offers consultation, mental health assessment, counseling, crisis support, education, prevention, outreach, and linkage to community resources at no additional charge to Cal Maritime students. CAPS provides assistance to students experiencing personal, educational, interpersonal/relationship, family, social, and psychological difficulties.
- CAPS is available to assist you in resolving personal difficulties to help promote both personal well-being and academic development.
- All students currently enrolled are eligible for services and there is no charge.
- Student can contact CAPS directly at (707) 654-1170 to schedule an appointment or do so in person at Student Health Services. Students may also contact CAPS for consultation as needed regarding personal concerns or for concerns regarding peers.
- Consultation services are available to faculty and staff who may have questions or concerns regarding students.
If you are curious about how you are doing, take a free online assessment for stress, depression, anxiety, or alcohol use. It's free, confidential, and anonymous.
- To schedule a follow-up meeting with Dr. Wallace (which can include a confidential discussion of your screening results and available resources), please call: (707) 654-1170. For After-hours emergencies please call the After Hours Medical and Psychological Assistance Line at (707) 654-1170, ext 1
Don't forget to EXPLORE all the pages & information in the Navigation section to your left!!!
Each Mind Matters - California's Mental Health Movement
Introduction to Mental Health
For more information about the #ENDTHESTIGMA photo series visit All of Us: A Campaign to Rethink Mental Health at the University of California, Los Angeles.