Receiving Your Financial Aid
You will be notified through your CSUM email when your financial aid is ready for you to review and accept and/or decline. To view your awards:
- Log into your Student Portal
- Click on the PeopleSoft icon- this will bring you to your Student Center
- The accept/decline financial aid link will be located in the Finances section of the Student Center- in the middle of the page
Accepted financial aid is disbursed to your Cal Maritime account no sooner than ten days prior to the start of the term, and offsets any outstanding charges you may have. If you have more charges than aid, then you will be responsible for paying the difference. If you have more aid than charges, the difference will be refunded to you at the start of the term.
Financial Aid Distribution and Disbursement
The California Maritime Academy Office of Business Affairs (Cashiering) is responsible for disbursing refunds from student accounts once financial aid has been applied to your student account. You must be registered and have your tuition and fees billed to your account for financial aid to be applied. Aid funds are never made available in advance.
There are several ways in which your aid may be delayed. Here are the most common reasons:
- You may be required to complete Entrance Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Federal Direct Loans. Check your "To Do List" in Self Service to see if you have outstanding loan requirements.
- Dropping classes. All students are assumed to be full-time unless they notify Financial Aid in writing that they will be less. If you are not enrolled half-time your aid will not disburse.
- Registering late for classes.
- Having unsatisfied requirements with your financial aid file that you have not completed. Check your "To Do List" for any outstanding requirements.
Call, email, or stop by if you have any questions, we are here to help you!