Web Content Display
Information For Parents
The California Maritime Academy Career Center empowers students and alumni to build bridges to their future careers. There are many ways you, as parents of students and alumni, can help us.
- Keep up with your students progress along our Career Planning Timeline.
- Insure your student is attending Events & Workshops.
- Help insure your student has professional business attire.
- Encourage your Company to Register for our Career Fairs, participate in On-Campus Recruiting, and present to our students though an Employer Information session.
- You can volunteer to do resume reviews, informational interviews, job shadowing, provide a Co-Op for a CMA student, or become a Mentor.
- Insure your student is seeking the help they need. The best thing you can do is insure they do this themselves. Each student needs to learn the importance of small talk, communication and taking charge of their lives. By asking them detailed questions about their future plans and asking them what assistance they have asked for you can assist us in developing with them the strategies for their next steps in life.
- During your students sophomore and/or junior year summers your child will be required to participate in a Co-Op or Commercial Cruise. These are 60 day experiences that will help them build a foundation of work experience for life. Please do not schedule any family activities the entire summer for either of these years.
- Want to find out what types of jobs your student can look forward to after graduation? Click Here to find out.