Be a Leader! Be a Hero! Be a Residence Hall Officer!
The Office of Housing & Residential Life has completed is Residence Hall Officer Selection Process for the 2014 - 20`5 term. Please check this site again at the begining of the Spring 2014 term for all informat regarding applying for the Residence Hall Officer position.
The Residence Hall Officer position is an opportunity for CMA students to be leaders in their residential communities, to make difference in the lives of the students they serve, and to be heroes. Thank you for your interest in the Residence Hall Officer position. Below you will find information about the position and suggestions on how to improve your candidacy prior to the opening of the selection process (Late January).
Qualifications of a Residence Hall Officer
- Preference will be given to candidates that have lived on campus for the current academic year.
- Must have completed 30 academic units by time of appointment (Fall 2014 semester).
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the beginning of the Fall 2014 semester.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Must be in good financial standing with California Maritime Academy
- May not accumulate more than 25 demerits during term of employment (August 2014 - April 2015).
- Must be able to attend weekly staff meetings every Monday from 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
All candidates must complete a 30 minute individual interview with a panel of current housing staff members. Candidates will sign up an interview time upon returning the completed application packet.
All candidate must also participate in the group process day, date to be determined The group process is a series of activities where candidates are placed in small groups (10-12 students) and asked to complete various task or objectives. During the activities candidates are observed to see how the candidate interacts with others and the roles the candidate takes in a group.
Attire for all interviews is business casual.
If you have questions or concerns about the process please contact Kate Kimble at firstname.lastname@example.org.