Frequently Asked Questions
1) Q: When will I know my mail box number?
A: During orientation week, you will be able to pick up your mail key in a small envelope. Your box number will be written on the envelope.
2) Q: How do I get my key?
A: Swing by the mailroom and the mailroom attendant will be more than happy to help you.
3) Q: My mom is sending a package, how do I get that?
A: Check your box for a slip and bring that slip to the mailroom attendant. He/She will then give you your package and ask you to sign and date for it on the package log located at the front desk.
4) Q: Can I send packages via US Postal Service, FedEx, DHL, USPS?
A: Yes. The mailroom accepts all couriers even if they require a signature.
5) Q: What happens if I lose my key?
A: Pay the cashiers office $10 for a temporary key until you find your key or pay the cashiers office $15
6) Q: Where do I turn in my key when leaving?
A: Your mailbox and key are kept the same for your entire stay at Cal Maritime, including the summer. When you leave Cal Maritime, your key needs to be turned in to the Housing Administrative Assistant, Emilie Jackson; otherwise you will be charged $15.