IMPORTANT FIRST STEP: On your Student Center page, under Enrollment Dates, view your “Enrollment Appointment” day and time. Each student has been randomly assigned a unique start time, which cannot be changed. You may not register for courses until the start of your enrollment appointment.
- Registration with Appointments Begin: April 23
- Late Registration Begins: July 22 (a $100 Late Registration Fee will be charged to students who fail to register between April 23 - May 3)
- Clear all outstanding holds (i.e. unpaid financial balances, parking tickets, library fines, advisor hold, etc.). You may not register if there is a hold on your account. You can view your holds online via the Student Center by clicking the “details” link, then the “Hold Item” link. (Many students wait until the very last minute to check their holds….this is not a good idea!)
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor (well in advance of your enrollment appointment!). If you don’t remember who your advisor is, you can view your advisor online via the Student Center (right underneath your enrollment appointment). You can also view your advisor’s on-campus phone number and office location. (Don’t wait until the day you register to see your advisor, as he or she may not be on campus that day!)
- Review Registration information, which can be found on the CMA website (Office of the Registrar)
- Print out a copy of the Registration Form/Worksheet if needed.
- Print a copy of your curriculum sheet to see which courses to enroll in.
- Review your Degree Progress Report via Online Services. On your Student Center page, select “Academic Requirement” (under Academics). You can also view a different version of your Degree Progress Report by navigating to Self-Service > Academic Records > View Unofficial Transcript. Select Degree Progress Report as the Report Type.
- Search for classes via Online Services. From the Self-Service link, click Class Search/Browse Catalog to begin the search for classes for the appropriate term. Or, click the “Search for Classes” link above the Holds area. Be sure to click the “View all Sections” link for courses that list more than three sections.
- Complete your class registration form, using your Curriculum Sheet for guidance. Be sure to include the exact Subj and Cat #, Sect #, Class #, course title, and course units. You should also complete the time grid. Make sure that you don’t have two classes that meet at the same time. Make sure you have met all prerequisites and class requisites. You are encouraged to have second and third choices ready in case a class is full or canceled by the time you register.
- Consult with your advisor for 1) approval of your class schedule and 2) release of your Advisor/Registration Hold. IMPORTANT NOTE: All students have been automatically assigned an Advisor/Registration Hold which prevents you from registering. Once you have seen your advisor, he/she will need to remove the hold.
- Return “approved” Overload Form to Office of the Registrar. Cadets will be able to add more units during Pass 2, Schedule Adjustment Period and Late Registration.
- Return “approved” Waiver of Prerequisite Form to Office of the Registrar after you register for classes. Waiver forms will not be accepted by the Office of the Registrar prior to your enrollment appointment.
- Register for your classes ONLINE via the Student Center at the start of your enrollment appointment. You do not need to return your registration form to the Office of the Registrar unless you have an approved Waiver of Prerequisite Form to submit.