Health Education & Wellness
General Medical and Health Information
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) an excellent evidence-based public health site providing extensive health information by topic and for specific populations. Has information directed at professional health care providers as well as members of the public.
Medline plus health topics A-Z Medline plus health topics A-Z - an extensive A-Z listing of topics from the National Institutes of Health about symptoms, diseases, treatments, and other healthcare issues.
Medline plus health information tools Medline plus health information tools - an enticing array of health videos, self-assessments, quizzes, tutorials and other interactive tools developed by the National Library of Medicine.
- National Institutes of Health - a reliable site for Health Topics AZ, Health Information hotlines, links, & publications as well as information about men's women's and minority health.
Up To Date for patients: - a free lay person based version of the on-line diagnosis and treatment reference
Especially for College Students
Go Ask Alice - Columbia University Healthlink A well-known interactive question & answer service from the Columbia University Health Service. You can read answers to questions that others have asked, or ask your own questions.
College Drinking - research-based information from the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism (NIAA). http://www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov/
Gay Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Health
The Trevor Project-Leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning youth and adults.
National Institutes of Health http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/gaylesbianandtransgenderhealth.html GLBT research-based health information & articles plus numerous links to other organizations and information sources
-On Call International (CMA Travel Policy)
-International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers - Information on getting ready for travel and how to find healthcare around the world
Food and Drug Administration information on medications, medical devices, and safety
US Department of Health & Human Services information about antibiotics and other medications A-Z
Nutrition and Fitness
Evidence based general information:
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics comprehensive nutrition information from the professional organization of nation's registered dieticians
- Food and Nutrition Information Center of the USDA
- My Plate.gov: Healthy eating & and fitness guidelines for the public and health professionals
- Nutrition topics & links from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Mayo clinic's guide to a nutritious vegetarian diet:
- Medline plus the vegetarian diet:
- Physical activity guidelines from the CDC
- Be active your way -Health & Human Services guidelines in English and Spanish