Personal Computing at Cal Maritime
For more detailed suggestions on how to buy a computer, how to protect your computer against viruses and purchasing new software, please visit the sections below and the links to the right
Computers on Campus:
On campus, students also can access the Cal Maritime network and Internet on computers located in the two main computer labs, computers in the Center for Engagement, Teaching & Learning (CETL) , Student Center as well as computers located in the Library. Upon arrival, students will be given specific instructions on how to connect to the Cal Maritime network.
Wi-Fi is available in all the dorms and throught the campus. Click here to see how to connect to Wi-Fi on campus
Help on Choosing a Computer:
Buying guides and suggestions for purchasing a new computer.
Protecting your computer:
Chosing and downloading anti-virus and anti-malware software.
Student discounted software. Free software for Cal Maritime students. Free alternatives to standard productivity software.
Choosing a Computer
What to Purchase
2010 spring buying guide. The notebooks are separated by categories:
- Netbook -ultra-portable mini laptops with no disc drive
- Budget -laptops for less than $599
- Mainstream - laptops priced from $600 to $999
- High-end - laptops $1000 and up
Where to Buy
- Circuit City.com
- The Apple Store. Any associated with a school can get a little price break by ordering through the Apple Educational Store