Desktop and Web-Based Tools
- Audacity PodCast Creator
- Lecshare Pro
- Google Apps
- YouTube as a Educational Video Repository
YouTube can be a repository for your videos to share in Moodle or on your personal Website. Just upload your video to Youtube and place the URL as a link within your Moodle course or on your website.
Uploading Your Video
- After you login, select the dropdown box next to your account name in the top right corner and select Video Manager
- Click on the upload button list in the upper left corner
- Follow these steps to Upload Your Video to Youtube
- Next, Configure your video sharing parameters to control who can see the video and give it a description
This screen will also give you the URL you can copy a paste and put into Moodle or your webpage.
If you don't want your video show to the rest of the Web, but just to your students of fellow classmates, you can make it Private or Unlisted within Youtube.
- Unlisted- anyone you give the URL to can view it. The video does not show up in search engines. There are no user limits
- Private -users must have a YouTube or Google account to view it. You can only give the URL to 50 users