As required by law and CSU policy, workers' compensation insurance coverage is provided for work-related injuries. Injuries should be reported within the first 24 hours of injury to the supervisor and the Worker's Compensation Coordinator (707.654.1021). If it is an emergency, call 911 or go to the neares unless it is an emergencyIf an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest Kaiser emergency room.
When an employee suffers a work related injury or develops a work related illness:
During Normal Business Hours
Contact the Workers' Compensation Coordinator or 707.654.1021 and notify them of the injury/illness. They will help assess the nature of the injury/illness and schedule an appointment for the employee at one of the following:
Student Health Center (for first aid treatment)
M, T, W, F: 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Th: 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Kaiser Occupational Health
975 Sereno Drive, 1st Floor, Hallway H
Vallejo, CA 94589
Employees on the job will be directed to go to Kaiser Occupational Health for treatment. The only exception to this are:
- Employees who filed a completed Pre-Designated Physician form prior to the date of injury. A Pre-Designated Physician must be your personal physician or chiropractor who has regularly treated you and has your medical records on file. Complete the Employee Designation of Physician Form or Notice of Personal Chiropractor or Personal Acupuncturist if you wish to make this designation.
- If it has been 30 days since the date of injury, you may select another physician after notifying the Workers' Compensation Coordinator and Sedwick CMS of your desire to change the treating physician.
- Immediate emergency treatment
Not during normal business hours and/or out of the area:
- Go to a Kaiser Permanente Emergency Room
- Go to the closest Emergency Room if out of area
Within 24 hours after an injury/illness occurs: