Malware (often called Spyware) is known to cause a variety of strange behaviors manifest in many computer applications. Below is a list of some observed behaviors. Computers that are suspected of being infected by spyware should be scanned completely using products such as these:
Examples of Spyware Symptoms
- You attempt to access Cal Maritime's home page, Moodle or a page inside of Moodle and get a You Are Not Authorized to View This Page error.
- You attempt to access the portal login page or Moodle login page but you get redirected to a search page.
- Browser Hijacking occurs when you attempt to reach a particular page and you are redirected somewhere else. Another symptom is when your default browser home page gets changed without your knowledge.
- Excessive popup advertising windows.
- Printing problems
- The computer runs increasingly slower or seems bogged down.