The mission of our office is to acquire the goods and services our campus departments need at the lowest economical cost, consistent with quality and time considerations. As a part of the State of California and the California State University (CSU) we have an especial obligation to be wise stewards of the funds entrusted to us for these purposes. As such, we are charged with assuring that such purchases follow proper guidelines and are fully and properly documented.
The information provided here is designed to help both campus employees and existing and prospective suppliers better understand these policies and procedures, and the actions and documents needed to assure they are properly followed. Please feel free to contact us if you need additional help or information.
As public employees and purchasing professionals, we are committed to the highest ethical and moral standards in providing outstanding service to our customers and suppliers, guided by the following principles. We will:
- Foster an open environment by being fair and reasonable in all dealings.
- At no time and under no circumstances accept directly or indirectly, gifts, gratuities or other things of value, which might influence, or appear to influence, purchasing decisions.
- Promote positive supplier/contractor relationships by according vendor representatives courteous, fair and ethical treatment.
- Make reasonable efforts to negotiate equitable and mutually agreeable settlements of controversies with supplier(s).
- Avoid involvement in any transactions/activities that could be considered to be a conflict between personal interests and the interests of the CSU.
- Know and obey the letter and spirit of laws governing the purchasing function and remain alert to the legal ramifications of purchasing decisions.
Vineeta Dhillon, CPM, ARM-P
Director of Procurement & Risk Management
Administration Bldg., Room 20