Disabled Parking and Temporary Medical Permits
Disabled Parking Spaces:
Spaces reserved for vehicles displaying a valid DMV disabled placard/license plate may be found in parking lots A, C, D, F, G, H, I and J. Vehicles parking in disabled spaces must additionally display a valid CSU Maritime parking permit. Disabled parking spaces are monitored 24/7.
Temporary Disabled Parking Permits:
A temporary disabled parking permit may be granted to a disabled student for special parking privileges by Police Services. These permits are to fill a temporary gap until the injured student can acquire a State handicap permit, if needed beyond three weeks. The following rules apply:
• Student must provide an original note from the primary treating physician requesting parking accommodations.
• Student must have a valid CSU Maritime permit; both the CSU Maritime permit and temporary disabled permit must be displayed in the vehicle at all times.
• The temporary permit is valid for up to 3 weeks; temporary permits are NOT valid in disabled spaces.
• Student will be assigned to the closest parking lot(s) for classes and housing.
• Any special circumstances will need the review and consideration by the Chief of Police.
• Injured individuals must present the permit copy to Police Services staff upon request.