Web Content Display
Malware (often called Spyware) is known to cause a variety of strange behaviors manifest in many computer applications.
Examples of Spyware Symptoms:
- You attempt to access Cal Maritime's home page, Moodle or a page inside of Moodle and get a "You Are Not Authorized to View This Page" error.
- You attempt to access the portal login page or Moodle login page but you get redirected to a search page.
- Browser Hijacking occurs when you attempt to reach a particular page and you are redirected somewhere else. Another symptom is when your default browser home page gets changed without your knowledge.
- Excessive popup advertising windows.
- Printing problems
- The computer runs increasingly slower or seems bogged down.