Looking for a summer job?
Each summer the Office of Housing & Residential Life host several conference groups with in the residence halls and works to make repairs and improvements to our residential facilities. Conference services and building improvements could not occur with out a committed group of Summer Staff Assistants.
Summer Staff Assistants are California Maritime Academy students that provide customer service to conference guests and assist in the completion of summer projects for the Office of Housing & Residential Life.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher at time of application & throughout term of employment
- Current Cal Maritime student and enrolled for the Fall 2013 term
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft office products and e-mail
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Integrity, responsibility, accountability and the ability to work autonomously
- Maintains a positive attitude of California Maritime Academy to students & guests
- Must be physically able to lift furniture, boxes, and/or equipment
- Living on campus is a requirement of this position
We have completed the hiring process for Summer 2013 and are no longer accepting applications. Summer Staff Selection for Sumer 2014 will re-open in mid February of 2013. Please check back then for the application process.
For further questions about the Summer Staff Assistant position or selection process please contact Coordinator for Residential Life & First Year Experience, John Buchanan. Thank you for your interest in joining our staff this summer!