Be a Leader! Be a Hero! Be a Resident Assistant!
The Office of Housing & Residential Life is proud to begin our search process for the 2014-2015 Resident Assistant Staff. The Resident Assistant position is an opportunity for CMA students to be leaders in their residential communities, to make difference in the lives of the students they serve, and to be heroes. Thank you for your interest in the Resident Assistant position. Below you will find all the information you need regarding the selection process. Make sure to read this website and all other application materials thoroughly so you are aware of all expectations, necessary materials, and deadlines.
Please complete the Resident Assistant Application Packet!
A completed application packet includes:
- Complete Resident Assistant Application
- Typed answers the the supplemental question on the Resident Assistant Application
- A professional Resume
- Three (3) completed reference forms
All completed packets are due to the Office of Housing & Residential Life no later than Monday February 17th, 2014 by 4:00 pm
Qualifications of a Resident Assistant
- Preference will be given to candidates that have lived on campus for the current academic year.
- Must have completed 30 academic units by time of appointment (Fall 2014 semester).
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the beginning of the Fall 2014 semester.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Must be in good financial standing with California Maritime Academy
- May not accumulate more than 25 demerits during term of employment (August 2014 - April 2015).
- Must be able to attend weekly staff meetings every Monday from 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
All candidates must complete a 30 minute individual interview with a panel of current housing staff members. Candidates will sign up an interview time upon returning the completed application packet. Interviews will occur the week of March 3rd - March 6th, 2014.
All candidate must also participate in the group process day occurring on March 2nd, 2014. The group process is a series of activities where candidates are placed in small groups (10-12 students) and asked to complete various task or objectives. During the activities candidates are observed to see how the candidate interacts with others and the roles the candidate takes in a group.
Attire for all interviews is business casual.
If you have questions or concerns about the process please contact Kate Kimble at firstname.lastname@example.org.