Students Seeking a Second Bachelor Degree
What is the next available entry term?
Fall 2014 for all majors
New applications for Fall 2013 are no longer being accepted.
When can I apply for Fall 2014?
Fall 2014 - October 1, 2013 through November 30, 2013
How can I apply?
Apply online at www.csumentor.edu. There is a $55.00 application fee required when you submit the online application.
- Cal Maritime accepts academically qualified students seeking a second Bachelors Degree
- 39% of the 2012 entering class are transfer students.
- 7% of the entering transfer students already have a bachelor's degree.
- Several majors require a four-year commitment of study even if you have completed a Bachelor’s Degree and/or have many transfer units. This is due to the specialized nature of coursework at Cal Maritime.
Define “Second Degree Student.”
An applicant who has already completed at least one bachelor's degree.
What items are required for your office to make an admission decision?
A completed online application, the $55.00 application fee, and all official college transcripts.
2nd Bachelor's Degree Admission Requirements
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association
- Are in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Earned a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted or earned an overall 2.50 GPA in all college units attempted. The Minimum GPA requirement for fall 2012 in our recently “impacted” Marine Transportation applicants will be adjusted higher based on the quantity and academic quality of the other second degree applicants