Students Seeking a Second Bachelor Degree
What is the next available entry term?
Fall 2015 for all other majors
When can I apply for Fall 2015?
Fall 2015 - The application period runs from October 1, 2014 through November 20, 2014.
How can I apply?
Apply online at www.csumentor.edu. There is a $55.00 application fee required when you submit the online application.
- Cal Maritime accepts academically qualified students seeking a second Bachelors Degree
- 33% of the 2013 entering class are transfer students.
- 5% of the entering transfer students already have a bachelor's degree.
- Any major requiring completion of a U.S. Coast Guard License for graduation requires four-years of study at Cal Maritime (within their intended major) to graduate even if the student has completed a Bachelor’s Degree and/or hasmany transfer units. This is due to the specialized nature of coursework at Cal Maritime.
Define “Second Degree Student.”
An applicant who has already completed at least one bachelor's degree.
What items are required for your office to make an admission decision?
A completed online application, the $55.00 application fee, and all official college transcripts.
2nd Bachelor's Degree Admission Requirements
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association
- Are in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Earned a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted or earned an overall 2.50 GPA in all college units attempted. The Minimum GPA requirement for fall 2015 in our “impacted” Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering Technology, Facilities Engineering Technology, and Mechanical Engineering Programs will be adjusted higher based on the quantity and academic quality of the other second degree applicants
- For all impacted program applicants (Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering Technology, Facilities Engineering Technology, and Mechanical Engineering). The following policies/requirements must be followed:
- Your last college math course (college algebra or beyond) cannot be older than five years from the fall semester you would enter Cal Maritime.
- Students applying to these programs have the option to submit a resume including leadership and activities related to your major. If submitted, the resume should be sent after the application is submitted but before January 11, 2015.
- The Minimum GPA requirement for fall 2015 in our “impacted” Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering Technology, Facilities Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering applicants will be adjusted higher based on the quantity and academic quality of the transfer applicants to each of those programs.