Office of the Vice President for Administration and Finance
Welcome to the Office of the Vice President for Administration and Finance at the California Maritime Academy. The Division of Administration and Finance plays a critical role in ensuring stewardship of the university’s financial, physical and human resources. We seek to provide high quality, efficient administrative, operational support and planning services as an integral part of the campus community in support of student learning.
The Division consists of the following five major administrative offices:
1) Fiscal Services
Fiscal Services includes Accounting, Auxiliary Services, Budget, Controller’s Office, Procurement and Risk Management.
- Auxiliary Services is responsible for the fiscal administration for campus housing, bookstore and dining services.
- The Budget Office provides leadership, guidance and service in the planning and use of CMA resources in a manner that best supports the mission of the university.
- The Controller’s Office and Accounting provide the campus with a broad range of financial support services. The Office is responsible for processing and recording complete, accurate and timely financial information to be used for reporting, management and decision-making.
- Procurement is responsible for providing goods and services and a variety of support functions related to material and service acquisitions, and reproduction services.
- Risk Management handles all liability and insurance related issues on campus.
2) Facilities Management and Planning
Provides the critical infrastructure services to the campus including Plant Operations, Facilities Planning, Construction Management, and Utility Management. Facilities Planning is responsible for activities related to space management, major and minor capital outlay projects, deferred maintenance and capital renewal projects.
3) Information Technology
Supports the mission of the Academy through the application and integration of technology across the curriculum and business processes. IT provides secure, reliable and stable network and digital services to support the Academy’s business practices, enterprise activities, and its central work of learning, discovery, and engagement.
4) Public Safety
Strives to promote and maintain a safe campus environment, provides emergency response assistance, criminal investigations, disaster preparedness, parking enforcement, traffic control and transportation systems management.
5) Staff and Faculty Human Resources
Provides comprehensive services that support the ability of the Academy to hire, compensate, develop and retain a highly qualified and diverse faculty and staff workforce. Human Resources provides expertise in a variety of areas including Recruitment, Classification, Affirmative Action, Benefits, Payroll and Salary Programs. The office also oversees all academic personnel process, policies and procedures for probationary and tenured faculty and lecturers.